Monday, February 4, 2008

Divine Intervention

This past Tuesday was the first time I'd been back to belly dance since before Christmas. Stuart's schedule, Chase's dental stuff, and just LIFE had gotten in the way.

I was standing in my bathroom brushing through my hair, and I chided myself. We have two great instructors in this area for belly dance, and I hadn't taken advantage of both. I realized, as I was standing there, that I only had about 5 weeks left here and right before a move wasn't the time to put money into doubling up on dance classes. I didn't completely beat myself up about it, but I was pretty disappointed.

I got to the studio for class and climbed the stairs. I greeted and was greeted, gave hugs, etc. My friend Shannon came up to me and said something like, "Hey, I need to talk to you..."

Shannon, by the way, is a gorgeous girl. Ebony hair, beautiful eyes, and a magnificent personality. She tells me she's starting some graduate level classes and won't be able to finish out her class card with Shoshanna. Would I like her to transfer it to my name?

Now, if you know me, you won't be surprised to hear that my eyes filled with tears, though I tried really hard for it not to show. Without knowing Stuart's duty schedule or anything, I told her I'd be completely honored and so thankful.

So last night I sent Shoshanna an e-mail letting her know my situation and making sure I wouldn't mess up her flow by dropping in for a few weeks before we leave. She said it was fine. The best part? Stuart's off every Thursday in February. God opened this door wide for me. I'd be a fool not to recognize that.

If you're in Humboldt county and are interested in belly dance, here's where you can find some info:
http://www.rasheikaraks.com
http://www.shoshannaland.com

4 comments:

The Little Wife said...

OMG! Are you kidding? I'm all bubbly inside with excitement for you. What a generous gift. I'm so very happy for you sweety.

Mary said...

Yippee!!!! How wonderful. I just love when the stars align in my favor, makes me feel like the most important person in the world.

Zach and Beth said...

That is so cool! What a blessed event! God is SO good! Have FUN!

The Bitler Family said...

That is AWESOME!! Go shake your stuff momma!!