Thursday, January 17, 2008

Observation

Every day I am able to gather with hundreds - even thousands - of people online. All right, not at the same time, of course, but I have people that I know I can go to for prayer, a laugh, a "hug", a dose of reality, and inspiration.

It is so important to me to recognize amazing stories of perseverance, faith, and hope. Stories like Beth and Zach. They weren't sure they'd ever be able to have children, and in the course of a year have been blessed with 2. Now, if they'll just get home from Guatemala and post some pictures. ;)

People like Angela Fox. What an amazing lady - though she'd modestly say she's nothing special. She's full of life, full of hope, and quite a card. LOL! When I think of Angela - even though I know some about the struggles she faces, and nothing about most of what she endures - I always think of her with a big, beautiful smile. Angela has helped me learn about faith and hope.

Then there's Angela Keane, who I don't know as well, but appreciate and admire just the same.. What a beautiful woman. She's worked hard and learned to take care of herself and appreciate herself and her beauty. She's got 3 beautiful kids, and has faced news from doctors in the last few months that I cannot even comprehend. Even at that, she's kept going, and Morgan will be having a procedure done in the Bay Area soon. Without hope - without faith - there's no way they would take the risk of this procedure. Both Angelas are doing this with husbands underway for months at a time. Having to live the single mom life while their husbands are serving our country.

There are others, too. Nissa I admire and adore for her empathy and love. She's a spitfire, though, let me tell you. She's also unbelievably strong, and I'm thankful that she's trusted me to let me see that side of her. Mary is a fount of knowledge and love, always willing to educate and support parents no matter what their choices might be. Jenny is amazing. Simply amazing. Educated, beautiful, positive, and supportive.

Jori is another that I completely admire. Wow, what this woman's helped her family through. Another humble, beautiful spirit, always willing to care for others ahead of herself.

I've got a whole crew I can go to for a laugh - Jen, Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Stephanie, Lisa and SO many more. And even though they're goofy, they each have offered me suport when I've needed it in their own way.

Then I have people like Chrissy, Elaine, Cirrus, Barb, Jessica, Amy, Stacy, Nell, Ronda and Erin that I've gotten to know personally. Women that can give me a hug or a reassuring smile, and I know I can figure things out.

I know exactly the people I can go to when I need help with History - Julie, financial stuff - Sue or Elaine, ins and outs of CG policy - Becca.

There are COUNTLESS others, so if you don't see your name here, don't get offended. Every person who has posted on a thread I've put online, every person that's put a comment on myspace, every individual that's prayed for me or a member of my family is special to me, and helps me learn more about who I am and who I want to be.

Thanks to God for friends and love. <3

5 comments:

The Little Wife said...

I love you Amber! You just made my heart leap with joy for our friendship. You have such a kind heart.

Zach and Beth said...

Now whatcha have to go and do that for? I've got tears streaming down my face.

Amber, you are such an amazing woman and I feel so blessed to call you a friend. I can't wait to meet you.

You have been there to pray with and for me, to cheer me up and to offer advice. You have been a virtual shoulder to cry on and I can't wait until I can finally give you a real hug.

I could go on, but I can't b/c I'll just keep crying.

FoxFamilyFive said...

You are such a beautiful person Amber. I pray and pray that our paths in the Coast Guard cross someday. =) What fun we would have! =)

Love you girl!!!

Nayo said...

What a nice post. I haven't gotten to know many of the women on the CC board, but I admire all of them and you are one of the ones that I feel like I am getting to know because you honestly and sincerely put yourself out there. You support all those people just as much as you get from them I am sure!

Hope to get to know you better in the future!!
Naomi

Becca and Jason said...

And, to me, Amber, you are a beautiful, stong, inspirational woman, who just oozes love from her eyes! I hope that, one day, I get lucky enough to meet you in real life!!
Becca