Tuesday, January 1, 2008

50 RANDOM things about me

Okay, so I'm a copycat. At least I can admit it. :) I've seen this on a couple other blogs, and I think it's a great idea. Let's see if I can come up with 50.

1. I am a fantastic organizer, if I'm organizing things for someone else. I'm not so good at it in my own home.

2. I have very long eyelashes, and get asked regularly if I'm wearing false eyelashes.

3. I played soccer from the time I was 5 until I was 15.

4. I was on the first girls' soccer team at my high school.

5. We scrimmaged with the boys' team, which consisted of varsity football players.

6. I wanted to be a lawyer growing up.

7. I was on the Mock Trial team in high school, and decided law was NOT for me.

8. I only regularly talk to one friend from school. There are a few on myspace, but none that I'm in contact with regularly.

9. My ears stick out really far.

10. I had the same teacher for history my freshman, sophomore, and junior years of high school.

11. That teacher also taught my mom.

12. I sat in the same desk for 3 years in her classroom.

13. I still remember the solo I sang in a school play in 2nd grade.

14. I love to laugh.

15. I laugh LOUDLY.

16. I have very strong fingernails that grow quickly.

17. I like to mix all my food together on my plate when I eat.

18. I love canned peaches with mayo and shredded cheddar cheese.

19. It grosses Stuart out when I eat peaches with mayo and cheese. LOL!

20. I'm from the south, and didn't eat a very diverse diet when I was a kid, so I never know what people are talking about when they're having "real" food for dinner.

21. I can count on 1 hand the number of things I've deep fried since I got married.

22. I love to cook, but I'm horrible at baking cookies.

23. I cook like my dad - throw what I've got in a skillet and make it yummy.

24. I've recently started drinking hot tea.

25. I love chai tea with no milk or sugar added. It's so good!

26. I haven't bought any clothing items for myself in MONTHS.

27. I'd love to dress up and wear heels every day.

28. I actually wear jogging pants or yoga pants and a hoodie most days.

29. I cannot find jeans that are an appropriate length for me.

30. I'd give my eye teeth for some food from Casa Ole'.

31. I'd equally love to have a fountain drink from Sonic.

32. I have a better relationship with my sisters now than I did 10 years ago.

33. I married my high school sweetheart.

34. My favorite color is orange.

35. I love to take pictures.

36. I enjoy hikes and playing outside.

37. I started belly dancing about a year ago.

38. I've been intrigued by the Middle East since 5th grade.

39. I did a research project on the sphinx in 6th grade.

40. I know how to say I Love You in Russian.

41. I took 4 years of Spanish in school, and can't speak it.

42. I can read some Spanish, though.

43. I'm actually really shy.

44. I quote lines from random movies pretty frequently.

45. I love to color.

46. I love my boys.

47. I didn't want kids growing up, and now I have 2.

48. I would love to go back to school one day, but I don't know what I'd want to study.

49. I'm really glad that I didn't finish my degree in elementary ed, because I don't feel like that's my calling at all.

50. I'm trying really hard each day to listen to what God has to say. He's blessed me so much, through the trials and triumphs, and I'm trying to appreciate and become the woman He's called me to be.

3 comments:

Zach and Beth said...

Ok, so I just learned a lot about you. Peaches, mayo and cheese? Seriously? Ugh...

Mary said...

Yum, my mother-in-law makes that all the time. We also use canned pears, mayo and shredded cheddar cheese. I so know what I'm making next time I have Beth and Zach over. :)

The Little Wife said...

Mmmm, Sonic. (Sounds yummy).

What a neat little list, I love it!