is the HARDEST PART!
Oy! We thought we might know where we're moving next year by this weekend. Now, it's looking like maybe the first of the year.
I'm so ready for our new adventure! I want to know what kind of climate we're going to. We have primarily hoodies and jeans here, and no clothes for warm weather. I want to know what kind of schedule Stuart will have so I can prepare myself. I want to know whether I need to be looking for somewhere to live, or if we'll have military housing.
Do I have friends nearby? Will I have friends in driving distance? How far will family be?
Are the schools good? Can we find a church home? Should we invest in a new car before we move?
How much of my stuff do I need to get rid of? Will we have 2 bedrooms or 3? When will we report?
If Stuart makes first off the May servicewide, then what? How will that affect our duty station? Will we be moving just to move again in a year? (NOT unheard of in military life.)
Have I mentioned that I REALLY don't like surprises? I don't like waiting!
For those of you that don't know the process, we've submitted a list...a "dream sheet" to the powers-that-be to let them know where we'd like to go. In the end, it boils down to the needs of the service and yadda yadda yadda.
This is likely to be the first of many blogs as we await the big announcement.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Isn't waiting the worst? I remember bugging the heck out of DH last time around. It got to the point where he would email me once he got to work (before I even woke up in the a.m.) saying "Nope, no orders yet/still". LOL
Hang in there, hon. Have a great weekend with your family!
Post a Comment