Wow, yesterday was definitely Monday. It feels like it stretched into today, too!
We had a mishap with our phones (read: keep the "family plan" in one household), and had to unexpectedly get a new cell phone plan. As a result, Stuart was out and about all day, and got no rest before work. We got the privilege of spending over $150 that wasn't budgeted this pay period. Oh, joy. *sigh*
Of course the kids don't ever want to follow their bedtime schedule when Daddy's not home, so that whole process was nightmarish at best. I ended up getting Lo to go to sleep in my bed and Chase to fall asleep on the couch. Moving a 45 lb, almost 5 year old child is getting tougher every day! He's so tall that I probably won't be able to pick him up much longer.
Heck, the kids aren't the only ones that have trouble going to bed with Dad not home. I have a really hard time winding down. I got the toys in the living room all gathered together to move to the toy room, when I heard a sound. Not a mouse this time. One of the toys in the toy room was randomly going off. This doesn't sound like a very big deal...maybe a short or a low battery or something. Well, it freaked me out. We've had "activity", coincidences, whatever in this house for the last couple of years, and the last thing I wanted to think of before bed was a ghost.
I was up until 1:30. Slept with almost all the lights in the house on.
Today has been the l o n g e s t day! Daddy slept all day and is gone for the night. No belly dance for me tonight. Instead, I'll be home waiting for Dancing With the Stars to come on while mediating fights over toys, requests for more milk, and taking care of the seemingly ever-present full diaper.
Neat, huh?
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am starting to think we live in the same house. Why is there always a diaper to change? I think it's a conspiracy.
Jenn
Post a Comment