The day he left, the mouse appeared. Then more mice appeared. *gag* I have felt worse than I've felt in a LONG time physically. Lo has been sick. All of the Murphy's Law business that you hear about.
Two times I've gotten a phone call from First Aid at the school that my big boy had an injury. They were scraped knees, but it warranted a phone call and a request that I pick him up. I told the nurse he could stay for the rest of the day. I didn't think it warranted a pick up. Oh, BTW, the last First Aid call was yesterday.
Today I get a call. I recognize the number on the caller ID. It's First Aid - again. This time, the big boy has a nose bleed that they can't get to stop. The nurse says, "I really think you should come get him." Okay, okay. I can take a hint.
I suppose it's a good thing I picked him up. The rest of the afternoon he was crying from a splitting headache. I gave him some medicine, he's running fever, and it's 7:00 and he's snoozing on the sofa. Guess someone will have his first ever sick day from school tomorrow. :(
Also this afternoon, I had another mouse in a trap. Can I tell you how much I DESPISE dealing with this? I'm sure if anyone could see me, it would definitely be sitcom worthy. In most cases, I call any and everyone I can to see if anyone will talk to me while I deal with it. It helps me get my mind off things, and I'm less likely to work myself into a frenzy. The lucky winner today was Cirrus. LOL. Thanks again, friend.
I have to get my garbage can situated right outside the back door, lid open. THEN, I get the shovel. I obtain another device, usually a broom handle or a large dowel rod we have around here. The secondary device is used to push the trap itself - not touching the rodent - into the shovel. The idea is that I will NOT physically touch any portion of anything *shudder* in the process of disposing of the body.
Yeah. I think it's about time for this patrol to be over. I need a bubble bath and a margarita. I need the kind of hug that only he can give.

1 comment:
You poor thing. If I lived closer, you'd be in the bathtub with candles and a glass of wine while I disposed of mouse carcasses and tended to the children :) Hugs hon!
Post a Comment