Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh, just rip my heart out

So I wrote a blog earlier on the Waiting for Ships site about missing housing.  Obviously I haven't talked about any of this with the boys.  I don't ever bring up our old house, because I don't want Chase to be confused.

On the way home from town today, this was our discussion:

C- "Mom, what's wrong with our house?"
M- "What do you mean, sweetie?"
C- "Our old house, Mom.  What's wrong with it?"
M- "Which house, Chase?"
C- "You know, the one where we lived in California!  What's wrong with it?"
M- "Why do you think something's wrong with it?"
C- "It's just sad.  Our old house is sad."
M- "Why is our house sad, baby?"
C- "It misses us, Mom.  He misses me."

How heart wrenching is that?  It's funny that he misses that house so much because this one is much newer and nicer.  I guess he's like his Daddy, and that CA house just felt like "home" to him.  We've only been here about 8 weeks.  I know he'll start feeling better here.

Then we get home, and Logan had fallen asleep in the car.  I unloaded the groceries and went back to get him.  I picked him up, and he mumbled, "Dad?  Oh, Daddy!"

*sigh*  These kiddos are so strong, and so resilient.  I hope we get to see Daddy soon.

1 comment:

The Little Wife said...

Awwww, how sweet and sad is that? Poor little guy.

Just tell him that your new house was lonely too, and it was waiting for a new family full of love to fill it up. So, that's why you are there now. And, someday, you will move on to a new place to share the love a little more. :)