Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm so proud of me!

Wow, can you believe it? I'm giving myself some credit! :p

Here's the thing:

The Hip Mamas are performing at Arts Alive on December 1. Since I'm not sure when we're moving, I figured this was going to be my chance to meet my goal. I had a goal of choreographing and performing a solo before we move.

I've only been belly dancing since January of this year. It's so strange how obsessed I became so quickly.

Last night, with Stuart as my patient DJ, I choreographed my first solo! It's pretty basic, but the song is FANTASTIC! It's called Ophelia's Dance. There are two melodies that repeat themselves 4 or 5 times, getting faster each time. It starts out calm and innocent, but you can feel the madness building. There are 2 sections that I call a bridge, because that's what it'd be in choir. LOL! Gives me a chance to throw in something special. The song is only 3 min and 9 sec or something like that. Long enough, but not too long.

~~little bit of truth here - I only had to choreograph about 16 eight-counts. Since it repeats
so much, I'll just have to make sure I can keep up the pace~~

I have a lot of fine-tuning to do, and I have to figure out what in the world I'm going to wear. I'm really proud of myself, though, and SO excited about doing this solo!

4 comments:

Cirrus said...

I'm proud of you too! You were meant to do this!

Mary said...

I can't wait to see video of it! You inspire me to keep looking for my creative side and to remember to take time out for just myself.

The Little Wife said...

You can't begin to know how proud of you I am. Enjoy every minute of this! I can't wait to see video.

Mary said...

Just wanting to drop by and wish you luck before your big day gets here this weekend!